Audi e-tron GT To Be Produced In Böllinger Höfe With Audi R8
Audi is already gearing up production plant for the gorgeous looking e-tron GT
Audi revealed that the production version of the e-tron GT concept will be manufactured at the Böllinger Höfe plant in Germany, together with the Audi R8.
Start of production is planned for late 2020 as the company is currently upgrading the site and adding around 10,000 m² of additional space to handle the all-electric model.
While the R8 is heavily hand-made, the e-tron GT concept will be produced mostly separately using a highly automated production line, which also proves the intention for much higher volume.
Since the Audi e-tron GT shares a lot with the Porsche Taycan, it could be a much better value proposition for a similar level of performance.
Audi e-tron GT concept:
- more than 90 kWh battery
- over 400 km (248.5 miles) of range (WLTP)
- dual motor (PMSM) all-wheel drive with torque vectoring
- system output: 434 kW (590 hp)
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in about 3.5 seconds
- 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in over 12 seconds
- top speed of 240 km/h (149 mph)
- 800 V battery system voltage
- fast charging: 0-80% in 20-minutes
- wireless charging at 11 kW (on-board charger is at least 11 kW)
- 450 liters of luggage capacity plus extra 100 liters under the hood
- 4.96-meter length, 1.96-meter width and 1.38-meter height