DIY: Neon highlights on the dashboard of the Renault Triber
According to the description, it has a rated life of 30,000 hrs; also the power consumption is around 5w for the 3 meter strip.
Venky03 recently shared this with other BHPians.
There are two ways to install the el-wire, one is to slide it between the gaps and second is to use the double sided tape. I went with the second one because:
- Unsure about the strength of plastics used
- Did not want to risk scratching the surfaces
Note : Most of the el-wires available on amazon and other sites have extended sleeves, please check before buying.
Micro-fiber cloth and isopropyl alcohol
3M Blue El-Wire
12V El-Wire Driver
2mm Double Sided Tape
1. Figure out how you’re going to route the el-wire, I would recommend routing it via the glossy surfaces as the tape can hold on stronger to these surfaces.
2. Clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol on a micro-fiber cloth
3. Place the double sided tape
4. Place the el-wire
5. Route the cables to the driver and socket
Parts Ordered From
I have used it for 2 months now, not facing any issues with brightness as of now (avoid sharp bends). According to the description, it has a rated life of 30,000 hrs; also the power consumption is around 5w for the 3 meter strip.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article