My recent experience flying Air India Business Class: 7 pros & 4 cons
Initial skepticism later, we took the plunge and booked ourselves on Air India in their business class (Always the preferred class of travel for us).
BHPian mathranik recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Travel updates on Air India (International sector):
- Flight : AI1911 & AI1912
- Dates : November’ 22
- Class : Business
- Sector : Ahmedabad – Nairobi – Ahmedabad
Travelers: 2 adults + 2 kids (7 & 5 y.o)
We are avid & frequent travelers, and since most of our journeys start and eliminate at Ahmedabad, the direct flight options are limited – thus we end up taking Emirates, Etihad or Qatar for one-hop to anywhere globally. While wanting to explore Masai Mara with kids, we were delighted to find a direct flight connection to Nairobi from Ahmedabad, albeit on Air India. Initial skepticism later, we took the plunge and booked ourselves on their business class (Always the preferred class of travel for us).
While at the back of our minds was our lack of recent experience flying Air India, and a 6.15 hour flight without the comfort of pedigreed carrier, there was some reassurance of its on-time performance in the recent past.
- Extremely roomy, and almost private, with a 6 x 3 configuration for the Business Class.
- Unbelievably hospitable crew, with no request too much for them! This is with two kids in tow, who can behave very pampered.
- On time (In fact before time) both ways.
- Efficient check-in and boarding process.
- Decent meal options on Nairobi – Ahmedabad sector.
- Surprising to see on offer a vanity kit, pyjamas, and toiletries.
- Flat bed with massager, and cozy pillows and comforter.
- Sad In-flight entertainment, with limited options.
- Frozen breakfast on Ahmedabad – Nairobi sector (Lunch was decent), since the flight originated in Delhi.
- Some seat fittings were falling off.
- Poor quality of headsets on offer (I am nitpicking now, or spoilt by Middle Eastern carriers).
All in all, I would definitely use Air India again for international sectors where available. Tata would only make it better, safe to assume.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article