Scoop! Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio (lower variant) spied
The Scorpio has a higher stance than the XUV500 but looks less butch than the current model.
A test mule of the next generation Mahindra Scorpio has been spotted near Coimbatore. It appears to be a lower variant that is equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission.
The new Scorpio (codenamed: Z101) is expected to be based on a ladder frame chassis. It could be offered with a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 158 BHP, paired with either a 6-speed manual or automatic transmission.
The new Scorpio is expected to be launched in the second quarter of 2021.
According to Ankur:
- The Scorpio has a higher stance compared to the XUV500. But, it looks less butch than the current model.
- The test mule was riding on 17-inch steel rims.
- It had dark brown and black interior with beige upholstery.
- It does not get the Mercedes-like instrument cluster of the new XUV500. It had a multicoloured speedometer.
- It had a bench seat in the second row. This particular test vehicle did not have a third row of seats but the driver said that it was a 7-seater.
- The car didn’t have a sunroof but it appeared to have provision to install one.
Thanks to Ankur Desai for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Source: Read Full Article