Single switch panel setup for Mahindra Thar: Control upto 6 accessories
After going through many international forums, I decided to go ahead with this system which I got imported from Hongkong.
BHPian highwaypatrol recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I have installed a switch pod system on my Thar which can control 6 different accessories from the single switch unit.
Ever since I got installed my new Hella Black Magic 6.2 inch LED Mini bar, the hunt for a proper switch system was on. After going through many international Jeep forums, I have concluded that the best way to get it done at an affordable budget is to install this universal 6 gang off or on switch system.
The other branded switch pods from the US (Mainly for Wrangler users) cost a mountain when we import them here including customs and shipping, and hence, I decided to move ahead with this system which I got imported from Hongkong. Following are a few highlights of this system.
- Control 6 accessories comfortably from your cabin.
- No wires dangling from here and there. You will get a neat look.
- I never wanted to put a hole anywhere on my dash. This system helps a lot in this regard.
- Whenever I need to add more accessories, I don’t need to open up my dash. A switch is already present, all you need to do is connect the positive of the accessory to the switch pod terminal in the engine bay.
- On the switch panel, green color for off, and a yellow color when the respective switch is on.
- You get many options on the switch using the changeable stickers provided along with the whole unit.
All the installation was done as DIY including hella lights. Hope this post was useful for those looking at a centralised switch system for all the planned accessories on this beautiful machine.
Some pics for your viewing pleasure!
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article